Help desk software
« « Brochure Handling Case Study: Brochure Fulfilment and the Outsourcing solution?


The Growth of the Contact Centre Industry


The contact centre sector has grown by 14% in the year 2012 and Research carried out by our governing body in Ireland, the Contact Centre Management Association, shows that the sector now employs 33,000 up from 29,000 in the previous year. For example, Call Management has increased its team by a 20% in the last year.

The Contact Centre Management Association research highlighted a growing industry that has a diverse and rewarding career path in spite of challenging economic times.

While countries in Eastern Europe and Asia have promoted themselves as low cost competitors, the Irish sector has proven advantages that global companies have come to recognise.

“While labour costs may be cheaper elsewhere, a great deal of the success of contact centres is down to performance management and value added services — all of which are well proven in Ireland. It may be called ‘the gift of the gab’, but the fact remains that Irish people have very good communications skills – a hugely important requirement for successful contact centres.” – Pat Keogh, Managing Director


Research also shows that while 67% of interactions are still carried out by phone, the remaining 33% continue to evolve into other forms of communication via email, social forums, SMS, etc. 67% of interactions are still carried out by phone, the remaining 33% continue to evolve into other forms of communication via email, social forums, SMS, etc.

Internet access along with social media and the explosion of e-businesses is increasing the importance of these other forms of communication. Furthermore, globalization helps the growth of our industry. For instance, our clients’ customer base is far more diverse and geographically spread out today than they were even 5 years ago.

Social media management has become a growth area over the last few years and is fast becoming the communication tool of choice particularly for the younger generation.

With the advent of on-line selling it is now becoming standard to offer clients ‘Customer Support’ on a 24 by 7 basis. Interestingly the e-commerce industry is focusing on ‘Live Chat Support’ & ‘E-mail Support’ as the primary contact methods with the ‘Telephone Support’ service a distant third.

This trend is reflected in our own contact centre. We have been working with alternative communication forms such as e-mail and live chat since 2010 and the number of clients from the e-business sector increases continuously.

If you want more information on how to benefit from our services and team, contact us!



Tags:

This entry was posted on Monday, July 1st, 2013 at 8:37 am and is filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply